Churches

1

Morwenstow Parish Church

Morwenstow Parish Church is dedicated to Morwenna (a local saint) and St.John the Baptist, and is part of the United Benefice of Kilkhampton with Morwenstow. It is best-known for 19th century Rev. R.S.Hawker.

Breage Church

Saint Breaca Church

Breaca was patron of this church by c.1170. according to c.1540 extracts from a life written in the 14th or 15th centuries, breaca was born in the regions of leinster and ulster.

1

St Anietus Parish Church

There has been a Church on this site for over 1,000 years, the present one was built between 1425 and 1530. In the Church a board cataloguing the past vicars lists them from 1266 to the present day.

1

St Just-in-Penwith Parish Church

The ancient, grade II listed church is a fine building located at the very heart of the town of St Just-in-Penwith (Cornish : Eglos Lanust), the most westerly town on the mainland of Britain, about seven miles west of Penzance.

1234567

St Keverne Parish Church

Sometime between 500 and 600 A.D., a man came to St. Keverne, who eventually gave his name to the place. KIERAN or KEV RAN came from Cape Clear in the district of Kerry, Ireland.

1

St Mary Magdalen Church

Launceston is the ancient Capital of Cornwall and holder of several Royal Charters. The town provided the only crossing points of the River Tamar for many centuries as revealed by several impressive arch bridges.

1

St Nonna's Church

Altarnon Parish Church – the Church of St. Nonna – is known as ”the Cathedral of the moors.” St. Nonna was the mother of St. David and left her native Wales around the year 527.

1

St. Just in Roseland Church

A very tidy little country church on the banks of a creek, made remarkable by its beautiful setting. The slope of the land means that you can stand at the lych gate entrance to the churchyard and be level with its tower.

1

St. Mary The Virgin Church

A church has stood on this headland since the 12th Century. The present church, which, was built in 1835. Our tower acts as a Waymark to the sea faring community.

123456789

St. Materiana's Church

The Church was built between 1080 and 1150 and stands on Glebe Cliff overlooking the sea. St Materiana has been identified with St Madryn, a princess of Gwent who evamngelised this area in about 500 AD.

1

St. Mawgan Church

Truro DioceseThe church, endowed by the Arundells of Lanherne who lived here from the 13th to 18th centuries, dates from the 13th century. The 14th century tower is unusually placed at the south transept.

1

The Old Foundry Chapel

With everything from vintage, art and antiques shops to craft, design & interior plus lots of fashion, wellbeing & beauty outlets to pamper yourself, you can spend many a happy hour exploring and experiencing what we have to offer.